The Dex-Files - Karina Halle “She was looking at me in a way I’d always dreamed. It’s too bad I had to save her in order to get it.I’d never stop saving her.” “And in that eternity I got a glimpse of myself.That wasn’t just fucking. That wasn’t just long overdue.This was love.I was head over heels in love with her. No, that didn’t describe it. I was tear my fucking heart out and throw it at her, beg her to take it into hers. I was falling from the greatest heights with no safety net below. I was giving everything of my own life for hers, giving up every inch of my soul so she could wear it proudly. I was a former king on my knees in front of the queen. A jester begging for a chance. I was powerless, helpless and at her mercy.And that was the one place I swore I’d never be again.To love was to hurt.I wasn’t strong enough to survive it again if everything went wrong.” Although I am grateful to be given this chance to get inside the mind of Dex Foray, I feel like I was teased mercilessly, arghh...so many more new questions.The most prominent one is what is the deal with Maximus Jacobs?My suspicion is that he's some kind of a guardian, remember Jacob from Creepy Clown Lady's story? The clue is in the name? Hum...dunno just a thought...Ok, so I guess I'm off on to the next one...