On the Jellicoe Road - Melina Marchetta 5 AMAZING STARS! Quite easy one of the best books I've read this year!“I live on the Jellicoe Road. Where trees make canopies overhead and where you can sit at the top of them and see forever. My aunt built me a house there. Remember that.” Now and then I come across some little book that not everyone is raving about, definitely not the book of the month. It catches my attention when one of my friends is reading it, I add it to my TBR list and soon I forget about it. Few months later it catches my eye again and I do wonder when will I start it. Some other flavour of the month book comes to the scene and once again I let it go. I easily get caught in this race and little gems like this book get forgotten in the never ending TBR pile, but then comes one day when I'm tired and a bit disappointed by these popular books, let down by the hype and reach for the book that has been forgotten.What a revelation! I started reading and instantly loved it. I got invested in it and just couldn't put it down. I got caught in a magical whirlwind and lost myself in a brilliant story. I got emotional, sad, sentimental, I was touched deep down and through teary eyes I reminisced about life, love, friendships, memories and didn't want this book to end, ever. I felt I knew the characters, I felt part of their existence, I wanted to leap into the pages and give them all a big hug and whisper something, anything. These are the signs of a good book for me. I couldn't put it down, I got so involved I lived and breathed with them all, I kept reading and losing myself regardless of the life still going on around me, but at the same time I didn't want the story to end. “What’s the difference between a trip and a journey?” and my father said, “Narnie, my love, when we get there, you’ll understand,” and that was the last thing he ever said.” Well, let me tell you, this book was definitely a Journey!This book will have a special place in my heart.