Into the Hollow - Karina Halle “And with madness comes the light”“Within your light, I lose the madness.”***“I know it doesn’t matter to you anymore,” he went on gently. “But you’ve always been my light. When I’m with you, I lose this darkness, this madness around me. The madness inside me. But I had to go mad to realize that. I had to lose you to know it.” Dex, Dex, Dex...where do I start? This is a new Dex or as Perry said Dex 2.0, a total swoonalicious, all man, super hot new version and I am in love with him!The book picks up where the last one ended. Perry is now safe but for how long we don't know. Staying at home is not feasible. With the knowledge of what happened to Pipa and with what she thinks are new powers, Perry knows she'll be watched like a hawk by her mother. The risks of her being sent to hospital are real. Unfortunately without a job her options are very limited, move in with Maximus or move to Seattle with Dex. She chooses the later followed by a huge fight with her mother and a hurried leave.Despite the awkwardness in moving in in his apartment, Perry can't stop feeling this huge sexual attraction, but there are things that they should talk about, she was hurt badly and is still mending her broken heart. An opportunity opens for both of them to continue the show, new contracts, pay raise and best of all no ghosts involved. Dex is apprehensive at first, he's adamant that Perry comes first and above all, he doesn't want to put her in any unnecessary risks. But this is about a myth, the Bigfoot and wanting to be with Dex but as friends, as partners and especially wanting to get out of his apartment that holds so many memories Perry makes the decision for both of them. Needless to say nothing is easy and straightforward for these two. In wilderness of Canadian Rockies, with a psycho guide in tow, unsure whether they're dealing with a hoax or a real beast, they go through fast packed and terrifying events. In the previous book I suffered along with Perry, her pain was so real and acute I felt hopeless along with her. In this book Dex's pain comes from deep inside but Perry is still confused about her feelings and just can't see it. "Do you know why I freaked out? Because I realized I'd fallen in love with my best friend. The very same person who had just told me she didn't love me. Call me an asshole for overreacting but that's why happened. You're not the only one who is hurting here, Perry. At least I didn't do it deliberately." Fortunately Dex is determined to show her that he's a changed man and not afraid to show it. He's all for second chances. “He lowered his head. “I was trying to be a better man, Perry. For you.” I shifted in my seat. “Dex…” “And I’ll keep trying,” he quickly said, voice low and somber. “Until I get it right.” My heart went to Dex, his pain was unbearable, his ego gone, but he'll do anything to have her in his life, a life without her is not worth it. “This is me trying, Perry,” he said softly, the anger being drained of his face. “This is me taking my heart out of my chest and putting the bloody mess in your hands. I can’t give you much more than that.” I felt the roles were reversed in this book, not only with Perry behind the camera and Dex in front of it but with the whole emotional thing. I did understand where Perry was coming from, after all I have been her biggest fan in all previous books, but couldn't help switching to Team Dex. Yes, I did feel a bit disloyal! “The monster wasn’t the only thing I was afraid of seeing. If I opened my eyes again, I know I’d see the thing I feared the most. Dex’s face, above my naked body. The man who saved me twice today. The man I couldn’t figure out how to forgive. The one who broke my heart yet seemed to offer up his in exchange” It takes near death experiences, nothing out of ordinary for these two, and Dex' new found maturity and openness, for Perry to finally see it and accept it. And that's how the book ends. “I love you Perry,” he whispered, mouth moving in my hair. “I love you so fucking much. And I’m losing myself. I’m losing myself to you and I don’t care anymore because there’s never been a better feeling in the whole fucking world. I love you. So much. Too much. Always.”My heart swelled at his words until I thought my ribs weren’t big enough to contain the feeling. I thought it might spill out of me and never come back. So I let Dex hold me as the night went on. His arms stayed wrapped around me, keeping me together, keeping me to him as we slowly succumbed to sleep.I had never felt so safe.I had never felt so terrified.” One more novella to read and then a long wait until the next book comes out.I'm going to miss these two...