Suicide Note

Suicide Note - Teresa Mummert It was ok, didn't love it, didn't hate it. I thought it had a great potential but it fell short. I found it a tad disjointed and it took me a while to get into the rhythm. Each chapter was meant to be told from Jenn or Shane's POV but it kept jumping from one to the other within the same chapter, also in the same sentence from first person to the third.I'm not nitpicking and I would have overlooked the lack of editing, but there were quite a few to let them go.This one is from Shane's POV, he's calling his cousin Jake from the airport: “Hello?”“Jake? Hey, man! How are you doing?”“Jesus, is this Shane? How have you been?” Jake pulled the phone away from his face and yelled to his wife. “Honey, you will never believe who is on the phone!” How can Shane see what Jake is doing on the other side of the line? “Coming right up.” He handed me back her card and I moved to the small counter” Or “We rode in silence as they made our way across town toward Bella’s,an Italian restaurant... And another one: “I turned around and smiled at May as they made their way to the row of seats along the wall.” And lots of other errors: “I just don’t know if I ever told you how proud I am of you I am.” Or “I couldn’t get out of their fast enough.” I didn't feel the chemistry between the two main characters. I just couldn't connect with Jenn . She was a weak and unaspiring character even though everyone kept saying she was a strong woman. I liked Shane to start with but just couldn't understand some of his actions when Jenn mets him at the airport and he's cold toward her. They haven't seen each other in months and she's having his first child and his reaction upon seeing her just didn't make sense. He later turns up a her hotel? How did he find out where she was staying? . There were questions that remained unanswered, I wasn't touched by the "drama" and definitely wasn't convinced by the way some of the issues were resolved, or presumed as resolved. Overall a so-so read.